Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Alone

The thought of being alone I think frightens some more than others. Why is that? Is it the fear of spending the rest of their life with just themselves and their surroundings that they've created thus far?

When I hear someone talk about how they are scared to spend the rest of their life alone, or that it worries them to no end, it saddens me a great deal. My belief is that you have to be completely at peace with yourself and love
YOU before you can even begin to become comfortable with the thought of spending time alone, no matter the time frame.

I am one that absolutely loves my
ALONE time, and it's something that I require and make time for in my life. It's almost as it's therapy for me. I can sort out my thoughts, just be by myself, spend time doing the things I enjoy and completing them at my pace.

In reality though, are we ever fully alone? We create our life and our surroundings, so therefor we hold a balance of what and who we let into our life. No matter what, i'm never fully going to ever feel alone in life. Why you may ask? I have made my life full of great friends and people that I know will always be there no matter the circumstance, even in my darkest of days.

Feeling comfortable within yourself while being alone is an exceptional accomplishment for all...something that I believe everyone should be able to experience and enjoy.

~Ashley~

No comments: