Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Food Blog

I'm such a foodie! I love trying new recipes or putting my twist on something original. I love when in a new city, checking out new eateries to divulge myself into. With that being said, I've never attempted a "Food Blog" but it seems that its the latest "thing" so I thought to myself, why not give it a whirl? So here I am...

Tonight I made some chicken stir fry. Absolutely delicious, I could live off this stuff each and every single day. Here's my attempt at "Food Pictures" as well, I definitely need some practice on that aspect!

Pan searing the chicken...rubbed in "No Salt Seasoning and Pepper" on both sides before throwing into pan with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil....

Time to dice these bad boys up! Yummm..

Sauteeing in some Olive Oil ( I love this stuff). It's definitely the greatest thing since Sliced Bread...or well maybe somewhere close. :)

Okay. Busted. I cheated! These are great! I get them at Kroger and it already has all the stir fry veggies in it with the noodles included. You just throw them in some oil and sautee them till done :). I like to add more veggies than what's included in the bag though!

Finished Product! I added 1/4 cup of soy sauce mixed with a couple dashes of sugar to take the Bitter Taste of Soy sauce away. Absolutely excellent!


This is what happens when you have a Snow Day off work. You end up taking pictures of your food....I kinda like this!

For those that are doing Weight Watchers Like I....

This whole meal was 5 points :).

One chicken breast- 4 points
1 1/4 cup of Stir Fry - 1 point.
Soy Sauce - 0

Awesome! Now that's what I'm talking about!

What did you have for dinner tonight?

9 comments:

chelsea rebecca said...

mmmm that looks so good! take out the chicken {for vegetarian chelsea} and i could eat that for EVERY meal! i love me some {healthy} chinese food!

good luck for your new adventures as a food blogger! you did perfect for your first post!

Gabby said...

That looks soooooo good! I love stir fry, you can add whatever's in the fridge to it!

Elise said...

yummm! looks tasty {& easy!}. we made a simple black beans & rice tonight and the best part... homemade chocolate chip cookies for dessert! mmm!

Mara said...

yay for cooking on a snow day! That looks so good!

chelsea rebecca said...

LOVE THE NEW LOOK!
love the food blog!!
love that i can come here {during class} and daydream about food!!!!

Vanessa said...

That looks so good! And for only 5 points, too? I'll have to try this sometime.

Emily Anne said...

Yum! Looks good. :) I had homemade pizza last night... It was the best!

Love your blog- Xoxo- Emily

Vicki said...

yummy!! :)
magpie-girl.blogspot.com xo

Elizabeth said...

I love stir fry...and I love that you "kind of" cheated :)