Monday, February 8, 2010

Laughter is Timeless

This weekend was one that are sometimes desperately needed; one of relaxation, and no set plans just going by what our hearts may desire. Friday night "Boyfriend" & I found ourselves shooting some hoops, and testing my very rusty basketball skills! What fun it was! My muscles were definitely feeling it afterward, but the burn was great! An accomplishment of sorts. Our lungs were burning, muscles sore, and sweat dripping off of us but we had such a great time! He pushed me outside my limits, I pushed him.

Saturday I found myself in his "shop". Do all men have these? Shops with toys, power tools, radio blaring, and all kinds of other gadgets that I really need to learn the purpose of! I am, slowly. I spent 8 hours in there until the wee hours of the morning, and I have never had so much fun! Chowing down on some Subway spread out on his work bench; almost as a little picnic. Watching him work away, sharing giggles and laughter, little sayings of love, and glances that only us two understood. Dancing like no one was watching, making a total fool of ourselves but loving every moment of it. Isn't that what love is all about, being able to act goofy and out of your norm together, enjoying the silliest of moments.

I absolutely love Laughter. It makes my heart smile.

He took my hand and we went up the gravel drive, well actually we drove! It was bitterly cold! He said have you ever laid down in the middle of the road? No, I replied as I watched him lay down on the pavement, looking up at the black night sky. I laid down beside him, staring up not seeing a star in the sky, as the clouds overtook. It was a priceless moment, the air was so still and quiet, a sense of peacefulness surrounded. And I was beside the one that I love. It reminded me of that moment in the movie "The Notebook", when Noah and Allie lie down in the middle of the road, until a truck comes quickly out of no where. Thank goodness, that scenario didn't happen to us. We were able to just enjoy the peacefulness of the moment.




How was your weekend?

6 comments:

Juliana said...

That picture just melts my heart. I hope that you have a good week!!

I am your newest follower. I hope you will come by and follow back. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog.

hip chick said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Chelsea said...

sounds like a good weekend!

chelsea rebecca said...

the post made my soul sing and gave me a great big smile!!!
you and boyfriend are too cute.
i love that you played basketball... i haven't played in so long, i need to go find me aboy and shoot some hoops!!
ooooh the notebook! love. love. love.

Sarah Von said...

What a lovely weekend! I rented a cabin with some fantastic girlfriends and went snowshoeing/drank a bit too much wine/played Pictionary. So much fun!

Elizabeth said...

How sweet! That's one of my favorite scenes from that movie, and you got to live it :)