Monday, February 22, 2010

Welcome to Portland

Welcome to Portland!

I find myself in Portland for this week due to a work conference, and I have to say this is a beautiful city! I'm hoping to find more time to venture out and visit some of the local spots. I wonder if I can find a job in Professional Traveling! How amazing would that be like Anthony Bourdain on the Travel Channel! Where can I apply??

Portland is a very eccentric city, but I love it. It's not what I'm used to coming from a small town in Kentucky, where something out of the "norm" is not normally embraced. I love the arts/free spirits/and being able to express yourself. You see people walking everywhere. Bicyclist ride down the street. Downtown people are eating in parks for the lunch breaks. Mother nature and the outdoors is very much appreciated in this part of the country! It's a breath of fresh air.

Below are some pictures so far of my adventure! Stay tuned for more photos and tales to come!!

This is a picture taken out the airplane window. Flying straight over Mt. Hood; how incredible!


Flying into Portland over the river. I thought this was beautiful.


One of the many parks located in Portland. This is directly across from my hotel! Makes me want to go have a picnic!


This is the "Light Rail" that I have to ride to work everyday this week. It's free and takes you around the city. How cool! Reminds me of a subway almost. Very convenient and user friendly!


Hope everyone is having a fantastic week!

8 comments:

Joshua Wilkey said...

I'd LOVE to be a professional traveler! We ought to work on figuring out how to get gigs like that! :)

chelsea rebecca said...

those pictures are INCREDIBLE! i love the mountains. i love eccentric cities! have fun! i love that you got to go for a work trip! how awesome!!

hip chick said...

I was wondering what Portland you were in until I saw Mount Hood. I live in New England and when we say Portland we are talking Maine. Beautiful pictures of the Mountains.

Cynthia said...

I love anthony bourdain & I want his job too!
portland sounds like my kind of place and it's beautiful too you're pictures are great.

p.s I love your background uber cute!!

p.s.s. I never did say thanks for follwing my blog i've been meaning to for the longest time :)

A.G. said...

Love the pictures! I added you on yahoo, so if you ever feel like chatting send me a message. :)

I love my new layout too! It just inspires me to write some cool entries. So hopefully I will be able to get those written up soon. :)

Have a great Sunday!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

wow, just another reminder of why i love portland so muhc!

Athena. said...

Wow - these are amazing!
xxx

Lisa Anne said...

I love Portland. It's like a super clean San Francisco. IF I could I'd live there. Have fun on your trip, I'm jealous!