Sunday, March 7, 2010

I have a confession

I have a confession to make. I'm completely in love with......



Books! I love them, I find myself in book stores browsing for hours when the chance happens upon me. I seem to always buy another book, even though I have stacks of those I haven't even gotten the chance to read here at home.

Am I alone in this craziness??

I love the smell of old books, always wondering who has read them before me, what life lesson they may have received, did they share a good laugh, cry...Well you get the picture.

Right now I'm reading this book....



It's fantastic! Quite lengthy for one whom has trouble finding time to read but still very interesting and has my attention captured.

So what are you reading? Who are your favorite authors/books that I may need to take a look at?


11 comments:

magically ordinary said...

I love books, too! I love the way they smell and I love spending hours on end in a bookstore! One of my favorite books of all time is "The Red Tent" by Anita Diamant.

Lena said...

love the new layout! I'm reading Homer's Odyssey about a blind wonder cat and Dewey about a library cat both true stories. Apparently I'm stuck on a theme!

justinee said...

that book is amazing! make sure to read Bright Shiny Morning after that! Its his fiction piece :)

Stephanie said...

ah you're so lucky you love reading. i wish i had more time too.

chelsea rebecca said...

i love books too!
you are so not alone! and i love that book! i especially love library books! the history and the smell! all so wonderful!

Chelsea said...

I love reading! And spending time at bookstores--we have an amazing one called the Book Loft where I live!

Right now, I'm reading Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I'll blog about it when I'm done!

Elizabeth said...

I love books more than people :)

Right now I'm reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova...a spin on the Dracula tale. I'm only in a couple of chapters, but so far pretty darn good.

Sara said...

I love books as well and I love the atmosphere surrounding used bookstores and libraries. An ideal day to me is spending time in a used bookstore, then finding a shady tree and reading all day.

Unfortunately, I only have time for that during the summer.

Read East of Eden by John Steinbeck...it's my favorite! (behind Harry Potter)

Pia said...

Books! I LOVE books! I spent all my money for March on books although I still have tons lying around at home that are waiting to be read.

I'm always so excited when I meet someone who has a passion for books as well. Yay!

Nicole said...

I am reading Chelsea Handlers new book Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, I just finished reading her first 2 books and this lady is raunchy but hilarious! I only read trashy stuff like celebrity d list bios I wouldnt recommend lol. I did read a million pieces, it was hard to read because it hit home but a good read nonetheless.

JMay said...

That is a GREAT thing to be in love w/ for sure…successful people are avid book readers:-)
Xo.