Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mental Health Day

Do you ever have those days?

What days do you ask?

The ones where you feel completely overwhelmed, can't seem to find a sense of peace or serenity, quiet time evades you, those around you (negativity is constantly spewing out), and etc.

I think of myself as a very positive person, always wanting to help others but here lately it just doesn't seem like it's enough.

Right now I want to retreat into my shell and hide. {Peeking my head out ever so often to see if the world has slowed down}

I asked for a day off tomorrow at work ~A Mental Health Day of sorts. I think she thought I was joking and not serious. I really need a day away. Tomorrow is Friday. The weather is supposed to be beautiful with abundance of sunshine. That always does the soul good, right?

Peace and calmness where are you?

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Those days are the worst! Hang in there! And I hope they gave you the day off! =D

chelsea rebecca said...

i hope you have the day off and are able to just breathe and relax!

jules said...

I wish i had time for a mental health day!

Elizabeth said...

Feel better soon! I take those days all the time...I took them once a week in college :)

mel said...

did you get your day?
i hope so. it's amazing how much you can recharge with a day in the sunshine. hope you had a good weekend too :)

Hope Chella said...

Oh, Mental Health Days ARE absolutely essential :)

http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

Blogger to Wordpress said...

It happens once in a while... Give time to yourself.. take a break... do yoga.. Will help a lot..
best of luck

Elizabeth said...

Okay, time to come back!

Kristin said...

I'm seeking some peace myself. A vacay is much needed right now! Sigh. Hope you're having a better week this week. : )