Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rainy Weekend

Sunday nights, why must they come so soon? As the old saying goes:

"Time flies when you're having fun!"

Isn't that just the truth?

Friday evening J requested his favorite meal that I make, so being the Awesome girlfriend that I am (hey I like to toot my horn every now and then), I went to the store in the pouring rain and gathered up all the ingredients to whip it up :). Who am I kidding, I love cooking especially when it puts a big ol' smile on his face!

His request: My Chicken Pot Pie with a twist! A topping of stuffing instead of the regular Chicken Pot Pie Crust. Absolutely yummm :). He devoured it, and kept raving on how much he enjoyed every bite! I guess I won brownie points with that one or shall we say "Stuffing Points". Hehe.
We spent the rest of the evening lying watching tv and me being a complete giggle box. It was quite humorous, especially when the littlest of things would have me laughing so hard I was holding my sides. J, looked on as I'd lost my mind! He called me his little "goofball".

Saturday we woke up and it was a rainy/cloudy day. Days such as those just make me want to stay in the bed even longer, how about you? We putzed around doing nothing in particular, sometimes those are the best! We ended up spending the evening coloring and playing Super Nintendo (Super Mario Baby)!!! Brought us both to being a kid, and we loved every minute of it! We laughed so hard, and had big smiles on our face the entire time! I love having someone to share such goofy moments with, laughing, and just reverting back to the good ol' days!

Today was another lazy day as it was pouring the rain and cold! We grabbed lunch, rented a couple movies and then spent the rest of the afternoon/evening relaxing! Bewitched & The Jerk were our movie choices! I love Bewitched, super cute I must buy this!

The weekend is ending and the work week starts early in the a.m. Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

What is your favorite activity on a rainy day?
What is a favorite childhood activity that you still love to do?

4 comments:

Freely Living Life said...

Hi there!

On a rainy day we love to stay indoors and do crafts!

My favorite childhood activity that I still love to do is color!

We came across your blog through the FF and are now following you! :) Hope you had a fantastic weekend! <3

jules said...

it has been raining all weekend, hurricane winds, so scary and amazing!!

chelsea rebecca said...

oh i love rainy weekends! yours sounds simply delightful! its fun to be a hermit and cozy up in your home! i do lots of baking, movie marathons and lots of board games!

Elizabeth said...

Rainy day: read a book.

Childhood: read a book!

Isn't that funny :)