Monday, March 8, 2010

Recap, Photos, & Oh My

I've been home a week from Portland, and still trying to recuperate! That 3 hour time change is killer *whew*; it's easier going West than flying back East but things are starting to return back to normal! With that being said thought I'd share some pictures that I took along my trip, which was work related but I managed to sneak some fun in from time to time :).

This is the very LARGE donut hanging in Voo Doo Donuts, the coolest place on Earth! They have the largest of variety of any flavored donuts you could ever imagine to pick from!


These are my donuts that I got at Voo Doo! A Voo Doo doll with a pretzel sticking in it's heart. You bite into "him/her" and red jelly squirts out to make it look like blood. And then who can go wrong with a donut with oreos on top! Yummmm!


This is a cool looking place we passed while trying to find Voo Doo Donuts! I just had to take a picture. I wanted to go inside, but my co-worker thought it was sketchy looking!


We went to this pizzeria called Old Town Pizza Co. Oh my, it was delicious! I am a sucker for a great pizza and this place exceeded my expectations! There's a very cool story behind this place it's reportedly, HAUNTED!

"Underneath the floor boards are the Shanghai Tunnels connecting Portland via underground pathways, then used to nab unsuspecting sailors and transport them to ships docked on the river, and can be viewed during private tours.
" ~

Doesn't that pizza look to die for???


Portland is quite the eco-friendly city, and this sign just cracked me up in the bathroom. I knew people back home (KY) would not believe this so I had to take a picture. Up for "Liquid Waste" & Down for "Solid Waste".

A picture of Mt. Hood as we're flying home!


See ya Portland. I am super happy to be back home!


9 comments:

chelsea rebecca said...

portland sounds like SO much fun!! and the donuts and the pizza!! ah! they look so delicious! welcome home!

Elizabeth said...

I need to see these voo doo donuts!

A "cheery" disposition said...

Voo doo donuts is a must when I visit there... I have heard nothing but great thinks about that place.

my name is lauren. said...

sometimes portland's eco-friendliness is a little bit much, but i love it here...and i work right up the street from voodoo....it takes all the willpower i have not to eat donuts every day :). glad you had fun!


{Lauren}

thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

So happy to have you on Coeur de La... and what is so funny about that donut shop you wrote about is: on Friday my husband and I stopped at a place near us called psycho donuts... you pop bubble wrap while you wait, a nurse serves you and the whole place is decked out in padding... I will have to write about. Love this blog of yours!! XO

megs_elyse said...

The ODB is my favorite donut from Voo Doo. I hope when I am there in May I can go into town to get some. So yum.

Nicole said...

Posting on donuts and pizza is so unfair! lol I am hungry now! =D they do look delicious.

Jessica Nichols said...

I love PDX. I went to both Voodoo and Old Town Pizza two trips ago, summer of '08. Yum to the yum. Hey, thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

Kjrsten said...

I love old town pizza! And you found Voodoo! awesome! Pretty picture of my hood!

We always laugh about those signs in the bathrooms too! Ahhh portland!

glad you had a great time!