Sunday, May 16, 2010

Spill It!

I wanted to share with you something I've been working on this weekend! I've always been fascinated with art of any sorts, but have never found myself to be an "artistic person". By not being artistic I mean, I can't draw! I love to doodle, sketch, but when it comes down to drawing something with definition and clarity it never has been something I've been able to do. I've been wanting to learn how to paint for quite some time now, but again thought that it would never go anywhere because I can't "draw". Silly me!

Last Friday I was browsing through some blogs that I "follow", and stumbled upon an Online Art Workshop that actually looked like I may be able to do! I was super excited. After a few emails exchanged with the class instructor, reading what will be taught, and watching a short intro video I decided to jump in and sign up for this class! Granted, it's only been 3 days but I'm absolutely hooked! I'm still learning as I go. Playing with colors. Textures. Trying to figure out all the basics on "painting", but I can't wait to see where this all may take me. With that being said, I wanted to share a couple "backgrounds" I have been working on and see what ya think. Remember, BEGINNERS ART! :).

My first background. I love the colors in this! There are a few mistakes that I may touch up. So much fun though!

This is my 2nd background that I actually have been working on tonight. I'm not so sure about this one, but thought I'd share anyway. Something funky/unique about it though...


If you love art, painting, & just being creative go check out this blog she's fantastic! Maybe you'll even join in on the class as well, it's completely at your own pace!

~Peace & Love~

5 comments:

Sara said...

That's so awesome that you're hooked! I love your paintings, especially the colors - very nice! Can't wait to see what else you create!!

megs_elyse said...

I like the colors you worked with, it looks really cool.

Niki @ Ambitious Gurl said...

I love the both!! You go girl! I really need to find a hobby for myself. LOL

Good luck! I hope you enjoy yourself, that is what is most important!

chelsea rebecca said...

ohmy gosh this is awesome!!
i love your paintings and all the colors you used!
keep going on with your artistic self.. its MARVELOUS!

hip chick said...

I think that they are both fantastic. I love the colors!