Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Storage Ideas & Decor

Hi~ I'm so super excited and a bit nervous! :). J and I found our very first apartment last night! We begin moving next weekend! Shew; that gives me a week to start packing! Oh how I despise packing...
But the end will be SO worth it!

My dilemma! I need your ideas! On storage. Thank goodness we have 2 bedrooms but unfortunately the closets are not huge! :(. They are decent size, well one is anyhow! The other not so much! I"m a girl, I have lots of crap! Even with de-cluttering and downsizing!
So any ideas that you can provide me with, would be fantastic!

I need ideas on how to store the following:
Shoes
Belts
Purses
Scarves - I have lots!

I have a new jewelry chest that J bought me that all my jewelry and accessories will be going into! That'll be a life saver!
Winter clothes are going into totes!

Any clever/thrifty decor or storage ideas that you may have they are MORE than welcome here!! :).

So spill it! What's your storage secret?

Any other ideas on living with your significant other? I'm super excited!

8 comments:

megs_elyse said...

A multi-level shoe rack is a must - it can easily go at the bottom the closet; I store my flip flops/sandals in a plastic storage container since I don't wear there for 1/2 the year. The same goes for my heavy scarves. I also recommend above the rod shelving in the closet and an over the door hanging rack. Target and Ikea will be your best friends for this.

Have fun moving

Kristin said...

I hang my scarves and belts on one of those hanging tie racks. Saves a lot of space. Congrats on the new pad!

Niki @ Ambitious Gurl said...

Congrats on the new digs!

Now for storage ideas:

definitely a shoe rack like Megs suggested. If you can find some deocorative rods(thing towel like) you could use that to hang your scraves on.

I'll see what other ideas I can think of.

Sara said...

You could get storage bins that are made to slide under beds - i put my out of season shoes, etc. in there.

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

cute blog!!!
check out this site (target) for awesome ideas...i use some of them too :)
http://www.target.com/Hanging-Storage-Organization-Home/b/13814301/ref=sc_fe_l_2_3665671_19?node=13814301

-kellie

janel. said...

Yay!! Congratulations! That is soooo exciting. Unfortunately I am the worst person to comment about storage. all of my bags and shoes are thrown in the bottom of my closet. I am going to read what your other friends are saying and get some tips for myself :)
lol.
xo
janel

Krissy said...

Following you from Follow Me Friday. Hope you can stop by my blog and follow me as well!! :) Have a great weekend!!

http://theartsymom.tkf

Nicole said...

Ohh how exciting! Congrats! I am with the other ladies! One of those shoe racks that hang on doors and bins that slide underneath the bed =D

The BF and I moved in together 2 years ago and WHEW! What a journey it has been! its 25% tough and 75% AMAZING! I wouldn't trade it for anything =D