Saturday, May 29, 2010

Thrift Store & Ice Cream

What a lovely weekend so far!

J & I slept in till 12:30 this afternoon, yikes! We stayed up till 3 am talking and being goofy! Watching videos on YouTube, talking about our childhood and just reminiscing.

We headed out for lunch where I had a club wrap on sun dried tomato tortilla. Absolutely delicious! We headed out driving with no particular destination in mind and ended up stumbling upon this Thrift Store. It was amazing and had two floors! I could have spent HOURS in there. J kept "losing" me to me being lost looking at all the goodies! I bought a piece of pottery for $5! It's Bybee Pottery a local pottery that has been around since late 1800's where I live, and there pieces are extremely expensive. Not to mention you have to be put on a waiting list to even get some. Score!

We then headed to Sportsman's Warehouse so J could go look at all the fishing/gun/hunting stuff :). We even looked at a pink .22 for me to possibly have in the future! I love to shoot!

And then the treat of the day....

Coldstone Creamery! I'm so sad I didn't get a picture!

Cake Batter ice cream with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Oreos! Can we say sugar overload? But oh so delicious!

We also caught a movie at the dollar theater! "Alice & Wonderland". Only $1.50 for a ticket! Now that's a good bargain :). Have you seen it? What did you think??

We ended the evening taking a scenic drive through the country side down by the river. So peaceful.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

How was your Saturday?

5 comments:

Steadfast Ahoy! said...

I am living vicariously thru your blog.....cake batter icecream with oreos???????????? I am being good these next few weeks. So far I've said goodbye to 3.5 pounds. Deprivations is no fun. Rosemary

Lena said...

What color Bybee did you get? Spill the beans lol! Sounds like we need a trip to this store. I love the pink 22's that's what I'm wanting to get as well. Imagine the boys watching us with our pink gun's and dressed in pink. Sounds like you had a great day!

Sara said...

Nothing like cake batter ice cream! That was definitely a favorite during my Bruster's days. Thrifting sounds so much fun, I wish I could find a good store around where I live!!

My sister and I were a little disappointed in Alice in Wonderland - too much CGI for us! The story was okay too, but we LOVED Johnny Depp and Helena Boham (sp?) Carter.

Niki @ Ambitious Gurl said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! WOOHOO on the find! I haven't been to a thrift store in years! I am definitely going to try and visit a few in the fall when the boys are back in school.

I hope you have a great Sunday!

chelsea rebecca said...

SUCH a great weekend!!!
i love coldstone creamery! although i used to work at maggie moos so they were our competition! haha. but cake batter ice cream is the absolute BEST!