Monday, May 3, 2010

Under Water

Here in the state of Kentucky, we are under water. The flooding and destruction here has been horrific, and I'm so happy to finally see some sunshine. Hopefully we can start drying out and picking up the pieces. Luckily, myself and family is all safe and dry with no damage. For those that weren't so fortunate my heart goes out to them.

There is a road to the far left. Instead it looks like a raging river rolling through.
Trying to get off my road. No success.
The road to J's house. A complete washout
Hope wherever you are, that you're safe and dry.

6 comments:

Steadfast Ahoy! said...

That's Mother Nature for you. On some blogs (mine) you see her in all her glory...sunshine, flowers, beauty. Here we see her other side, the not pretty at all.

chelsea rebecca said...

hope everyone is okay!
tennessee is pretty crazy!
half my mom's neighborhood is underwater!
complete craziness!

Elizabeth said...

Good grief...I heard that Alabama got bad rain, but no flooding like this.

Kimbirdy said...

oh my! i just heard on the radio about all the awful weather in your parts. i'm from chattanooga, so i'm feeling especially worried. my heart goes out to all of you right now. stay safe!

and thanks for your sweet words! it really made my morning. :)

Artist said...

I feel so much with you. Good luck for the next weeks.

Kristin said...

I hope things are drying out for you guys!!