Monday, June 14, 2010

On a Positive Note

I think all my posts on Monday start off with the same sentences....


"Where did the weekend go?"

"Why do the weekends go by so quickly?"

Etc. Etc. You get the point.


I don't feel any differently today.


This weekend I brought my two kitties’ home with me! J & I new apartment. Friday evening J & I found ourselves snuggled up on our new couch that we got on Friday too, eating a $5 Hot & Ready Pepperoni Pizza from Little Caesars and watching "Pretty Woman". I just adore that movie, and somehow J got suckered into watching it!


Saturday J woke up and went and did his "thing". I spent the afternoon at home being lazy. Unpacking more boxes. Taking a 2 hour nap! Ahh, so lovely!


Saturday evening consisted of grocery shopping. Setting up our 30 gallon fish tank that J brought from his old house. Cooking burgers stuffed with cheese and hot sauce on the grill. Absolutely delish! J cooked dinner for us.


Burgers.

Baked Beans

BBQ Grippos (The best chips)


Sunday we lounged around the house waiting for our washer/dryer to be delivered. J cooked breakfast for us. Homemade biscuits and gravy & eggs. Yumm! The washer/dryer finally arrived around 3 pm that afternoon and then I got to play catch up on laundry that had built up. We were hoping to go fishing, but no such luck! Although it was a scorcher, mid 90's for a high! Shew! Saying in the a/c was the right medicine.


Things with J & I have improved. I sat down with him on Friday evening and we had a talk, and told him that we had to communicate with each other, that we can't just read each other minds. We spent the whole weekend laughing and smiling. Not one argument or spat. Which is a huge improvement from last week! This week has started off great as well :).


A little faith & hope took us a long way. I'm happy to be getting back to "US".


Hope you have a great week. I've got the apartment to myself tonight, J is out mowing lawns. I fixed a dinner of Beef Stroganoff and Texas Toast. And am now watching The Bachelorette. I love this damn show. I'm such a reality junkie!


Hope you all have a great evening!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

oh THOSE talks! I really feel like I have them every 6 months or so! So happy to know I am not alone! MEN! lol Glad everything has been smoothed out and you had a lovely weekend. Pizza & Pretty Woman sounds like my kind of night =D

Sara said...

Mmm stuffed burgers and beef stroganoff...sounds tasty! Glad things are going well for you! :D

chelsea rebecca said...

ahh this weekend i wanted to watch pretty woman so bad!! but they didn't have it on demand. dang, now i really want to watch it! such a great movie!
sounds like a wonderful weekend!!