Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas eve I was able to sleep in, which felt glorious! J left the house early that morning to finish his Christmas shopping, typical man! Hehe. He called to tell me that we were having Christmas at his family’s later that evening, so I jumped up in a mad rush! I had to finish wrapping the presents and get everything sorted for us to go over there. It had originally been the plan to go on Christmas day, but plans changed.

J came home and spewed the presents all over the floor as we wrapped in a mad frenzy! Little Kitty thought it was a big game, and kept attacking the wrapping paper as we attempted to finish wrapping. While we were wrapping, J asked me if we were going to wrap our children's presents together. *Shocked* I said, yes.

We arrived at J’s parents’ house and we were the first one’s there. That’s okay, as I was able to visit with his parents and nephew, which I always enjoy. His dad fixed me a cup of Hot Apple Cider, which was delicious! That’s a huge step for his father, as he is not one to socialize or get to know someone. His mom, I adore, and before I knew it she had volunteered me to help her cut up veggies in the kitchen with her. We were telling stories and laughing, it was a lot of fun! I honestly felt like I fit in, that I was “right at home”.

We opened gifts and it was pure chaos! Everyone opens gifts all at once, and there is wrapping paper flying everywhere! It seems that everyone opens gifts so quickly that they don’t even know who it was from, or what they really got. I noticed J asking who he got this and this from, just because he didn’t take the time to read the “sticker”. I’m used to, in my family, to one person opening a gift at a time, not all at once.

J's momma got me a beautiful necklace and earring set, along with 4 gorgeous picture frames. She knows that I love photography! I also got scarves, a watercolor & sketching set, & a CD holder for my car.

All in all, I had a really great time. I felt accepted into his family, and it seemed that they were really treating me as one of their “own”. That’s such an incredible feeling!

Here are some pictures from the day!

J and his HUGE gun!




5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

There's just something about a bayonet that looks way scarier than a bullet.

Sounds like you had a very nice Christmas. :-)

Gabby said...

It sounds like you had a really nice time! :)

Nicole said...

Sounds low you had a great time! The bf/fiancée family made me feel very special when I was with them our first Xmas they even got me gifts! I almost cried lol we had only met once before that! Anyway my mom and I bought gifts for his gf this year and she never showed! Her loss right!? :)

Van said...

Love the gun picture :)

ladaisi said...

This was a lovely post!

It's a good feeling to be accepted into another family, isn't it?

- Lauren

Ladaisi Blog