Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Slow Down Life

Do you ever feel like life somehow becomes crazy and you forget to stop and enjoy the little things that you love and enjoy the most? There are so many things that I absolutely adore, that without I don't feel whole. I feel as if a part of myself is missing, my inner self.

I used to love to write. Write poetry, that is. It was my release, I was always searching for inspiration to spark my next poem. It was a rush and yet something that gave me so much joy. I've found a new passion; photography as well.



It seems here lately, I've become so caught up with daily life that I've lost sight of the things that I enjoy. I feel as I'm just going through the motions, and not fulfilling my every day to the best of my capabilities.

Do you ever feel like you're caught up in life? How do you find the time to get back to the things that mean the most? How do you find time for yourself?

3 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I'm sure we all feel that way from time to time. And we all need to sort out what's really important from what only seems to be important at the moment.

Sara said...

I hate feeling like that! I feel as if I've missed half of the Christmas season worrying about exams and projects! I'm trying to really enjoy the last two weeks as much as I can!

Kimbirdy said...

yes, i completely know what you mean! the times when i've felt that way were some of the most depressing times of my life. i try hard to introduce change in my life to avoid that very thing. but it inevitably happens from time to time. i think the key is to recognize it right away, instead of ignoring it {which i've done in the past}, so you can do something about it.