Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day Dream

Do you ever have those mornings when you awake, and you find yourself reflecting back on all that has happened? I find myself sitting at work this morning, wishing I was somewhere peaceful. Quiet. I’d love to sit by the water, the lake that’s not far from my house.

Sitting by the water, watching the fish come up and nibble on the insects that may be floating unknowingly by. I would need warm clothes, oh and a pretty scarf. I want a cup of warmth in between my hands, and a pen and paper lying in my lap. No one else is around as the frigid air has kept them away, it’s just me and the beauty that surrounds my thoughts. Thoughts - oh yes, I need to write them down but where do I start? I have so many pouring through my mind, I’m not sure where to start. How do you sort them out, or even fathom to begin? I’ll just start writing, until my mind is at a more normal pace.

The wind is ruffling the water, I watch it ripple into the shore line. The sun is bright this morning, smiling down on all that is beautiful in this life. I should really appreciate the happiness that surrounds me more often. The simple peace of this moment, is more than words can even describe.

*Just a day dream while sitting at work*

1 comment:

Cranberry Morning said...

What a lovely daydream. I indulge in them often, which is why some people think I actually have a family connection with England. LOL Well, actually I do, but it's waaaaaay back on the timeline. Enjoy your daydreams. :-)