Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Weekend Update

Wow, it’s already Wednesday! A part of me thinks this week has flown by, although another part thinks it’s crawling. Weird, isn’t it?

Friday - I stayed home from work due to the winter weather, so I enjoyed a quiet day at home. J came home from work and didn’t feel good, and I was antsy. So, I took a trip to Pet Smart and Hobby Lobby, and then came back home. I fixed us a glorious dinner of Hot Dogs & Mac n’ Cheese - J’s favorite! Hehe.

Saturday - I went into work for a couple hours and J came with me! He has never been to my workplace before, so now he knows! After i was finished working, we spent the day together! It was wonderful! We went to a flea market (it was seriously REDNECK). J was in heaven. I wanted out of there FAST. They had OLD men sitting at the doors as “security guards” while they stuffed their faces with a bowl of chili. There was crap piled all on the front walls of the building outside, a typical flea market place. J said, you don’t like this place do you? I said, it’s just not my type of place. Ha! Then we went off to a Peddler’s Mall that was SERIOUSLY huge! Holy cow! J was whipping through the aisles like a mad man, and I was just slowly browsing. I decided that I’ll go back without him, as he’s not the browsing type. Hehe. We then went and grabbed lunch at a Sports Bar (Galvin's). It was very yummy! We also stopped at a book store, then rented a couple movies and went home and had a movie night. It was the perfect day!

Sunday - J went to visit his grandpa with his mom. I went to the grocery store (joy, joy) and then came home and lounged around. I did a few things around the house. I also made Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup for the first time! It was absolutely delicious! It was my plan to eat on it during the week for lunches, but J devoured it! Ha! I was able to get two meals out of it, and he ate the rest! He loved it! I love when he likes my cooking!

All in all, a pretty great weekend!

2 comments:

ladaisi said...

Sounds like a satisfying weekend! Happy to find you happy, dear!

- Lauren

chelsea rebecca said...

mac n cheese and flea markets! plus a trip to the grocery store! sounds like a simply wonderful weekend to me!!