Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Happy Place

I have been telling myself all day that I was going to visit the place that brings me such peace. It's a lake not far from my house, and I enjoy spending time there taking photos, writing, reading, or just enjoying the nature that surrounds me. After I cooked dinner, I took off to get there before the sunset. The water was relatively calm, with the sound of tree frogs in the background. I spotted a couple fisherman hidden back in a cove, enjoying a lovely warm early spring day. The sight of buttercups blooming brought a smile to my face. Here is a photo I snapped to capture the moment. There's really nothing quite being surrounded by nature, it's simply where I belong.



Do you have a place that you can go to be at peace?

2 comments:

ladaisi said...

What a good idea - to have a specific place for being at peace. I never really thought about this before.

Right now, I think mine would be on my back porch. It gets quite a bit of sunshine and you can hear the creek below.

Ladaisi Blog

Kimbirdy said...

oh that's beautiful! i used to have a place like this, back where i grew up in my teeny town in TN. it was a gorgeous, huge tree behind the college. i would go and just sit in the giant roots, looking at the stars through the branches at night, playing in the giant piles of leaves it left in the fall, and reading great books on warm summer days. sadly, this tree is no more. the university cut it down to build a health center {ironic}. but i kept one of its branches, which is displayed on my bookshelf and i always think about the peace my tree provided for so many years.