Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weekend/Friday Update

I’m finally getting around to posting this. Where has this week gone?

Friday - I took the day off from work, I needed a mental health day. I slept in til around 9:30 and it was glorious. I ran some errands, dropped off my taxes to finally get done, went to Lowe’s to pick up some things for the apartment, and went and visited my God Parent’s. I haven’t seen them since Christmas, I really need to make a point to get over there more often! I love them dearly, they are like my second parents. My God Mother was the only one home when I went to visit, so we sat and chatted for quite a while. She gets a phone call while we are sitting there saying that one of their dogs has took off a couple miles down the road, so off we go to go rescue her. At that time, my God Father gets home and asked where we going and we tell him. His response, Go get that little “bitch”. Bitch being the dog, ha! We went and got her, and she stunk to high heavens. Shew! I’m not sure what she got into but she definitely needed a bath when we got back, and that’s exactly what we did. After we were finished with that at their barn, my God Father comes over on the golf cart and wants to know what my plans are for the rest of the day. I told him nothing really. He said, well come on over to the house and come with us.

Off we went to my “Little Brother’s” house to doctor a horses’ foot, and then we drove the back country roads. It was nice just being the 3 of us. I love them both, but my God Father always keeps me in stitches. He asked me if I needed something to drink, and I said certainly! He pulled off at this gas station and bought me a candy bar and a soda. Then proceeded to tell me he was never picking up hitchhikers again, because they were expensive, ha! I said, you invited me. He said, yes. Invited. To ride along. Not to cost my wallet money. hehe! He proceeded to tell me if he won the lotto that night, he’d give me a million of it. How thoughtful. After taking a 2 hour drive on the back roads through some gorgeous countryside, to simply put two towels on two seats at a livestock sale for the next day, we headed back home. He really wanted to guarantee to save himself a seat :).

After I left their house I headed home. J was home working on his truck, and we were entertaining ourselves with our new neighbor (Thumper) moving in. J named her! Ha! He said he was starving so after he cleaned himself up we took our happy selves to Buffalo Wild Wings and chowed down on some wings and celery!

Pretty great day!

I guess this is a Friday update, rather than a weekend one. Oops!

1 comment:

jackiek said...

sounds like such a lovely day :) xo