Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day!

Hope you're having a great day, wherever you are! The heat is scorchingly hot here, 100*. There's not a cloud in the sky and the sun is just beaming down. Poor J is outside bailing hay (25 acres worth) all day. I feel so bad for him, although he acts all tough and macho. He even refused the sunscreen this morning, so I'm sure that he will look like a lobster when he gets home. *Sigh*

He's been mowing hay all weekend, Friday, Saturday, & finishing up today. The weekend was nothing exciting, yesterday we went and saw the movie Hangover 2, and went and had a late lunch. The movie was hilarious, SO FUNNY! Go see it! For a sequel I was pleasantly surprised!

This morning I woke up when J did. I fixed some eggs & toast for breakfast and then headed out to go to the gym. It was peaceful there was only a couple other ladies in there. Nice! After the gym, I ran some errands & hit the grocery store!

I thought since J is outside in the exhausting heat that I would clean the ENTIRE house and cook us dinner tonight. So far, 3 loads of laundry, mopped the kitchen and bathroom, scoured the bathroom, cleaned the cat litter, vacuumed upstairs and down, and waiting for my laundry to dry. Shew! The menu for tonight is burgers on the grill, pasta salad, deviled eggs, baked beans, and chips. Why am I making all this food, I have no idea? Lord knows, we won't even put a dent in it. Oh well, J will have lunch to take with him for the rest of the week. Guess I'm in the "Susie Homemaker" mood today. Watch out!

Hope you have a lovely day!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I loved The Hangover 2! I was worried they would go astray but it was so funny!

Your dinner sounds YUMMY! I have done absolutely NOTHING all day =D