Wednesday, June 1, 2011

127 Hours



J and I watched this movie last night. It was simply amazing. This man's will to survive is more than words can even begin to describe. There were moments that I wanted to cry. Laugh. Pick up the phone and call everyone that I love and tell them...I Love You! An extraordinary uplifting story.

What would you do if you were in his situation? J asked me this question last night, and I'm not sure. I'm sure the will to survive would kick in, but I can't imagine what would go through my mind.

Have you seen this movie? What did you think?

3 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

No, I haven't seen the movie, but after your review it's definitely on my list! :-)

wishful nals said...

i haven't seen this yet! certainly very inspiring. :)

kimbirdy said...

this movie was so intense, especially since it's all true. i remember seeing interviews with him years ago about his experience and thinking how traumatic that must have been. i actually watched the movie only because i want to face the reality that i may have to do something like this if something ever happens to me out in the wilderness {we do a lot of backpacking & climbing in the middle of nowhere}. but i think after a few days in a life-threatening situation you literally go a little insane and pure survival instincts kick in. we're probably all capable of a lot more than we think possible.