Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hot Air Balloon Race

The weekend that Jon and I went canoeing a couple weeks back, we also went to a Hot Air Balloon Race. It’s on my Bucket List to ride in one of these one days, I think it would be amazing. It may a bit scary at times, but the views I can imagine will simply be breathtaking. There was a festival going on about an hour away from our hometown, and that evening they had a balloon race that took off from the small local airport’s runway. Jon and I laid out on the grass, finding shade and enjoyed the view!

Here are some pictures from the day!


Jon & I being silly
The balloons getting ready for lift off!

Sailing away! :)


3 comments:

AMY said...

Very Beautiful!

Cranberry Morning said...

That's what I need to do - to find a hot air balloon race. I think there's one in Stillwater, MN. Hope it's not already been. What beautiful colors! Have a great Fourth. :-)

Micaela said...

how magical!