Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday was perfect! I needed it so much more than I truly realized. I was drained, exhausted, and my body needed rejuvenating. I had the day off due to Labor Day, and enjoyed every single minute of it.

I slept in til 10 am snuggled in my blankets as my kitties snoozed on the bed with me. Jon had to work, unfortunately for him, peace and quiet for me. I staggered down the steps still in a sleepy haze and went straight for the coffee pot. 30 seconds later I had a hot, steaming cup of coffee in my hands, topped off with Baileys Creamer. Delicious. I decided to cook myself some breakfast and whipped up some pancakes. I sat down on the couch with my feet propped up on our Old Trunk aka “coffee table” and enjoyed my breakfast. I sat completely in silent with just the sound of rain pelting the windows and front door. No TV, no music just silence. It was beautiful.

After breakfast I browsed the Internet for a few minutes and then decided that I didn’t want that distraction either. I lit candles, in the kitchen, bathroom, & living room and enjoyed the aroma. Cinnamon spice, lavender, pumpkin, and vanilla...quite the variety but it was still very calming. Not overpowering at all.

The rest of the day was spent hanging up a picture in my living room, watching a movie ( In Her Shoes), reading my book while laying on the couch, and cooking dinner for Jon & I. Dinner consisted of BBQ chicken, Corn Pudding (my first attempt), Macaroni & Cheese, & Dinner Rolls. It was delicious. Jon was very thankful after such a long day at work, and enjoyed it all.

The evening was spent chatting with Jon about his day while he played on the Internet and I painted, all while watching American Pickers.

I needed this day so much, more than I realized. Today, I am at work feeling peaceful and refreshed. That I feel is perfection.

3 comments:

kimbirdy said...

wow that sounds like such a lovely, relaxing day. i'm so happy that you got that. i feel calmer just reading your post! :)

Cranberry Morning said...

What a nice day! And don't you just love candles. I stopped in at Yankee Candle and they had the little votives on sale for $1 each. My all-time favorite is Pumpkin Spice but they also have some others that just make the whole house smell like delicious autumn!!!

ladaisi said...

This does sound like a lovely relaxing happy day!

Ladaisi Blog