Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tater Knob Pottery

This past Saturday my mom, Nana, my friend Londi, & I went on an adventure! It was a beautiful day with the sun shining brightly, blue skies and lovely temperatures! What more can you ask for in October?

We went to a place called Tater Knob Pottery. I'm a HUGE Fan of pottery and this was one that was located not far from where I live, but unfortunately I hadn't been able to visit yet. We drove down a one lane road before finding this hidden gem! Upon arriving the owner greeted us, and asked us if we wanted a beverage and then led us out to the back patio to sit and relax before we began shopping. These are some of the views from our seats. Absolutely gorgeous.


 She served us with Organic French Roast Coffee with cream & honey. Chocolate Raspberry Bread, peanuts, and peanut butter filled pretzels. And isn't that plate gorgeous?

 My Nana taking a sip.



 The owner demonstrating how she makes the decorative edges on a pie plate. 




 Of course I couldn't come home empty handed, I bought a hurricane oil lamp that I can't wait to light for those winter evenings. And will be useful if we ever lose power. 
What a perfect way to start the day!

2 comments:

m.e. said...

Came across your blog. Very beautiful photos!

Joel and Cindy said...

Found your blog through Jess @ Stillettos and a Fishing Pole. Your post today had me in tears! What an amazing story!!!! I can't imagine what you've been through! Just thought I'd share my friend's pottery {Facebook} site...he makes AMAZING stuff!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hollowed-Earth-Pottery/168554596571305

Looking forward to following you and hearing more about your life!