Thursday, December 1, 2011

Favorite Christmas Memory



Good Afternoon! I’m participating in  Kristin’s 25 days of Christmas challenge, are you?

What’s your favorite Christmas Memory?

I particularly do not have a favorite Christmas Memory, each Christmas is special to me in it’s own little way.

In 2005 I spent my very FIRST Christmas with my Nana, how crazy is that!? She lives out of state, but just so happens she was here for Christmas. It was wonderful! And the best thing is, that I get to do it again this year!

The year I was newly diagnosed with cancer, my mom left our Christmas Tree up way longer than normal. We were never home to enjoy it and I loved it oh so much, so she left it up til around March! Oh yeah, while opening up presents on Christmas morning that year I didn’t have anywhere to put the bows so I just stuck them on my bald head! I have that picture somewhere, I need to find it! It brings smiles in a time of such pain and confusion.

When I was younger every Christmas Eve was spent at my Aunt & Uncle’s house with all of my dad’s side of the family. The best part though was spending the ENTIRE day with my Aunt helping her bake and cook, and begging her to let me open just ONE present before everyone else got to! She always gave in!

Jon and I first Christmas together. And then our first Christmas living together, which was last year. We woke up Christmas morning and exchanged gifts, sat by our Christmas tree, it was just us, and of course exchanged kisses. It was special.

What are your favorite Christmas memories?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You have wonderful christmas memories! I love mine and the hubs first christmas together too! makes me smile :)