Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Recipes - Books - And Snow!?

It was snowing this morning! Can you believe it? I don’t want to. Can I go back to sunshine and warmer temps please? They were little snow flakes, and sure they won’t and didn’t amount to anything but still there they were! Let’s talk about something a bit more happy, like how I’m on my 2nd cup of coffee this morning. That’s two days in a row now, I’m usually a one cup kinda girl! Hmmm, wonder what my body is trying to tell me? I need more sleep.

Oh,  I made this recipe on Monday night. Of course I found it on Pinterest, where else do you look for recipes these days?  It’s delicious! Especially for cold winter nights that have decided to arrive way too quickly on my doorstep! I did a bit of my own tweaking to the recipe, and you can do the same! Jon even ate it and said he would eat it again! So, I count that as a major plus! Here’s a gorgeous picture to make your mouth water, until you can have a bowl of your very own. 





 Jon read some of my blog the other night. Actually, I let him read some older posts and he said I should write them all down on paper first. Yes, I really should. I need to print out all of the ones I currently have, and put them in a binder. That’s only been on my “to do” list for quite a while now. 

 We started a book club at work, actually it’s the entire State Park that has the option of joining in. We’ve read two books so far, those being “The Help” & most recently “Clay’s Quilt”.  


Jon and I rented The Help last night and it was good! Definitely not as great or descriptive as the book, but definitely a good movie to watch! 








Clay’s Quilt is written by Silas House, a native Kentuckian. It’s set in Appalachia. It’s not a book that is climatic in any way, but the imagery he portrays is absolutely beautiful! It starts off sort of slow, but it sucked me in. I’ve been to Appalachia many, many times so I was able to picture what he was describing very clearly. 


Have you read any good books lately? Our new book we are going to start is “Sarah’s Key”. Have you read it? I’ve heard it’s wonderful, so I can’t wait to pick it up! 


Jon just texted me saying, “4 cups of coffee, eeek.” Yikes, he will be bouncing off the walls!


Hope you have a Happy Wednesday! We’re half way through the work week! Yeah!

1 comment:

Cranberry Morning said...

Yeah, that soup looks delicious! Good luck with the increase in your coffee intake. :-)

The best books I've read lately is 'Coming Out of the Ice' by Victor Herman and 'The Everlasting Man' by G.K. Chesterton.