Sunday, January 8, 2012

*Recipe* Southwestern Goulash

Hello! It's been awhile! My life has been super busy the past week or so, and blogging has slipped past me! I miss it oh so much! So, here I am :).

I'm a magazine aholic, not to mention food/recipe magazines! After they began piling up I decided to make my very own recipe book (binder), and well today, I put it to good use! I was clueless as to what to make for dinner tonight, so I grabbed my binder off the shelves and began flipping pages! And that's when I found this:

Southwestern Goulash Recipe
Courtesy of Taste Of Home.

This was delicious, healthy, and very filling! Perfect for a Sunday evening! I just wish I would have made more so we could have more leftovers! I couldn't believe how flavorful it was too!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) - I used Venison Burger
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 2/3 cup frozen corn 
  • 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro - I didn't have any cilantro on hand, so used a combination of basil and parsley! 

Directions

  • Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chilies, cumin, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
  • Drain macaroni; add to meat mixture. Stir in cilantro and heat through. 
  • Yield: 6 servings.

What are your favorite winter comfort foods? I think this one will make this list for me!

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Cranberry Morning said...

I think I pretty much lived on this stuff when I was growing up. :-)