Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Morning

Sundays are supposed to be for relaxing and enjoying your one last day off, before heading back to the grind on Monday Mornings, right?


Well, I truly believe so. So today, I plan to do exactly that.


This morning started out with a couple biscuits for breakfast, with our own honey from last year's harvest.







Then I enjoyed 2 cups of coffee, with a splash of milk and sugar. 


Now, here I sit wrapped up in blankets with the sunlight streaming through our windows. The air is crisp and cold, with  yesterdays snow still on the ground. Jon is off to go get us some Orange Juice, and hopefully some movies to pass the rest of the afternoon. We haven't left the house all weekend, spending it in our pajamas, taking naps, enjoying bowls of homemade chicken noodle soup, and snacking on chips & dip. Also, endless cups of tea have been drank in hopes that this cold that has invaded my body will soon disappear. I will miss this weekend, and the quietness it has brought this house. We need to divulge in these more often, without the sickness though. I realize though the only time we slow down is when we are sick, is it God's little way of telling us we need some rest?

1 comment:

Miranda said...

sounds like a perfect Sunday...usually on the days my husband has off we try and plan some things to do around the house but today we have absolutely no plans and I am loving it!