Tuesday, February 19, 2013

An Unofficial Goodbye

I came to say an "unofficial" bye to you today. I hate that word. Can we just say, "See ya later?" 

A new exciting chapter is ahead of me, but yet I'm closing another one. They always say that when one door closes, another opens. That couldn't be more true when it comes to me & you. You will always be a dear friend to me, and one that I will always care about. Most don't understand, and they simply never will. Yet, we do. Isn't that right? 

A friendly lunch and you gave me a huge hug "bye", and the last words you uttered were "Goodbye Sweetheart". This is still one of my favorite pictures of us together, the pure happiness that once was there. One of our nights with music & a mason jar. I miss those nights, but realize that they weren't a future. Those realizations came painfully, but now a smile forms where tears used to fall. They are memories, and I cherish them. Maybe one day I'll write down "our" story, but for now I'll keep it locked away. Through the smiles & tears, I'm still glad to be able to call you a friend. 




1 comment:

Eleanor Parker said...

Beautiful, Ash. Nice to tie up loose ends, girlfriend and you did it with class :) Proud of you and excited for your future!