Blog Background

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Magic Carpet Ride


Last night turned into a night of rockin' tunes & great food. Continous glances from one of the band members, who when we'd lock glances would wink and go back to playing. There was drunk people dancing, me singing at the top of my lungs and lines way too long at the women's restroom. There was ACDC "You Shook Me All Night Long" beginning to play while standing in line for the restroom, which ended up in dancing in the hallway. There was "Hot Ass Guy" from the last show, that kept continously walking past my table all night and finally got the courage to sit down beside me towards the end of the show. He said, I ignored his "head nods" all night long, so he thought he better say hi. That ended with grabbing my hand and pulling me onto the dance floor, where we danced til the very last song was played.  He said, he wanted to dance with me last time but i kept turning him down. He said, he remembred more about me than I think. Ha! Moments later his phone was pulled out, and he was asking for my number. Why the hell not, he won't call I thought. A hug goodbye, and we parted ways. 

Two hours later a text comes through, and it's from him. We bs'd back and forth. He's a total player, but hey he's fun to dance with. And a girl can never have enough dance partners, right? Plus, he's a fireman. I mean, c'mon girls a man in uniform.....

And this is the one song I remember us dancing too, while singing to each other. I blame it on the many, many beers for my lack of memory.....

2 comments:

badbrewpack said...

You get em, girl! I love it, simply love it! ;)

Kristine said...

Sounds like a great night!