Saturday, January 25, 2014

Snow Day


It's 6:45 am, on a Saturday and I'm awake. Now, typically this isn't anything out of the norm because I have to work Saturday's. Today I had my alarms set to get up to go to work, but my boss' phone call beat my alarms. 

No work today he said, due to the crazy ass weather! Drifting snow and near like blizzard conditions! What the "ef", yo!? Last time I checked I lived in Kentucky, but here lately i'm not so sure. He said, can you figure out how to put the closing on the news channels?" Ummmm, yeah, I said. Having no clue what i'm doing. I have succeeded though, never fear! And still without any coffee at this point. I don't function without coffee! 

Here I sit now on my couch, in my pj's with my puppy and a cup of piping hot coffee. Pumpkin k-cup to be exact, I found a stash at the grocery store yesterday! I may have bought a couple boxes. I have a slight obsession with anything pumpkin flavored. I should go back to sleep, no, I want to go back to sleep. But, here I am trying to enjoy a quiet Saturday morning. These are rare. 

Snow Day! I'm not sure the last time I had one of those! I feel like a kid in school again! Enjoy your Saturday!

3 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I still have a stash of pumpkin k-cups from the fall I'm making my way through. They're definitely one of my favorites, and I'm going to be a little depressed when I run out and have to wait till next fall for more.

And just letting you know, I'm stopping by from the Bloggers without Babies link-up!

badbrewpack said...

That sounds like an amazing Saturday morning!

Next fall, I'll see what all the fuss is about with the pumpkin lattes. I did love my pumpkin spice martini so I would probably totally dig the pumpkin latte. :)

Shelly B said...

We were talking about your snow day Saturday night. A couple of people were talking about doing the Kentucky Bourban Trail in possibly September and they mentioned that on Twitter they had seen where there were not tours going on over the weekend due to the weather. How much snow did you guys end up getting?