Monday, May 5, 2014

Life Update

The lady in my office the other day said, you aren't happy here are you? It's not that I'm not happy here, it's just that I'm itching for more.  My job is wonderful. Sure they get on my ever last nerve sometimes and I want to chuck my stapler at them, but honestly, they treat me so good. They make me laugh, they greet me with smiles, they seriously went over the top for my birthday and well, they just geniunely care. They let me "set" my own hours for the most part, and as long as my job gets done they really don't care what I do. Seriously, how did I get so lucky? 

My living situation isn't what I hoped it was, but for now it suffices. I miss my own space. I've lived on my own since I was 19. It's hard to be back home living with my mom, but it's the best place for me at this time. Or well, it was when I moved back here. I didn't need to be out on my own. I needed my mom. That may sound juvenile, but the truth is the truth. I was in a dark place and well, I sure as hell didn't need to be alone to try and dig myself out of it. I have done some house hunting but nothing has turned up. Patience is a virtue, right? Too bad I have none right now. I want a house like.....yesterday!

I have enough money to pay my bills and am slowly building my savings back up again. I have a puppy who makes me laugh so hard every single day. I have learned this past year who my friends are and who they aren't. Unfortunately, they have dwindled considerably but that seems to happen when we get older, doesn't it? The ones I do have well, they are amazing! I feel blessed every single day to call them just that. 

I have been volunteering for an organization that provides emotional and financial support to pediatric cancer patients & their families here locally, and will soon be taking that over. It may be a lot to bite off but it's something that I have such a huge passion for, so I am so very excited! I signed up for online classes back earlier in the year, but after feeling so overwhelmed I withdrew. I've been seriously considering signing back up again. I need that extra push in my life. I love my job but I want more. 

Do we always want more? Or are we ever just content with all the blessings around us? I guess that's what makes life, well....life. I'll figure out what that itch is, in the meantime I'll keep stepping forward each and every single day. 

2 comments:

Kristine said...

I love this. And I can totally relate!

Mandie said...

First of all, there is NOTHING wrong with needing your mom. Everyone needs their mom every now & then & nobody can say otherwise.

Secondly, you'll get that space of your own soon enough. Just keep on looking & something wonderful will come up just for you.

Love ya lots! Hugs! :)