Monday, November 14, 2016

Weekend Fun!

Happy Monday! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Ours was busy, fun and relaxing all wrapped up in one! 

Thursday:
We headed to Louisville for the International Livestock Exposition and Championship Rodeo! We took along my little "brother", E, with us! He and Don had an agreement that if Don went to a horse show that he'd come to a rodeo with us. The trip up was rather smooth other than the HORRIBLE Louisville traffic. I am convinced that there isn't a good time to go through that city. 

E, myself & the hubby! 

Me & my handsome husband! 

Hangin' by the chutes 

They had a drill team on horseback that had Red, White & Blue lights all over themselves and the horse. I thought it was super cool! 



Friday: 
This was a day that I let my husband choose everything that we did. He's a veteran & my hero, and well these military men & women do NOT get enough appreciation so I wanted him to feel extra loved and appreciated for all that he did for us and our country. We started out with having lunch at his favorite hot dog place here in town, who sadly was closing down the next day! We are so bummed! They said, there is possibility that they are opening up in a near by city, so *Fingers Crossed*

He had the Chili Slaw Dog, which this picture doesn't do it justice! This thing was HUGE and piled high with all of the fixins'. 



I had the Greek wrap and added Buffalo Chicken with a side of their coleslaw! So delicious and I had leftovers for lunch the next day! Win, win! 


After we left the hog dog place we met up with one of our friends. Her little girl had a gift that she wanted to give Don, it being Veterans Day, so we went and met up with them. This family is wonderful and they constantly encourage and push their children to do random acts of kindness. 
They have no idea how much their gesture meant to Don and myself. They handmade a card & bought him a cupcake with an American Flag as a topper. M, who is 4, walked up to Don and handed him the card and said, "Thank you for your service." It took all I had to hold it together. Needless to say, it was probably the HIGHLIGHT of his day.  


We spent the rest of the day fishing at one of my favorite places. I call it my "Happy Place." It's so peaceful and I always seem to witness the most incredible sunsets. The fish weren't biting, the breeze was chilly, but the sunset and spending time with the man I love made it all worthwhile. 




Sunday: 
We did some more fishing at a new spot. The fish were biting, but thank goodness we weren't trying to catch our dinner! We would've went to bed hungry! 




All in all, a great weekend! How was yours? 


1 comment:

Mandie said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I love it! :)