Monday, December 19, 2016

Weekend Fun

Can you believe it's already the Monday before Christmas!? Wow, where has the time gone? I'm still wondering that about the weekend, actually. It seemed to FLY by!

Friday night Don & I went to a Christmas outing that was sponsored by my financial advisor with Edward Jones. They hosted it at the EKU Center for the Arts, and wow! They definitely didn't disappoint. This was the first time that we had been to the Center and it is gorgeous! I love that we have this right in our backyard, we definitely will have to take more advantage of the events that they host here. When we walked in they sent us upstairs to the Black Box, where there was a spread of appetizers and hordourves being served. We ate & chatted with a few friends that we ran into while we were there.

Afterwards we headed back downstairs to enjoy the musical playing that night, complimentary of Edward Jones as well.  The musical was "Rudolph."

Don & I didn't really know what to expect, but we thought it was super cute! It definitely was a production, and very enjoyable! We weren't allowed to take any pictures during the show, however. Bummer! Here is their promo video from their website....



Here we are waiting for the show to start....

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, eyeglasses, stripes, closeup and indoor






Saturday we ventured to town for a couple hours, only to realize we were not fighting the crazy madness so we came back home! We lounged around & watched TV & I made a big pot of Taco Soup for supper. Definitely a favorite recipe around here in the winter, & so, so easy!

No automatic alt text available.

Sunday - We were complete bums! I did a load of laundry & we watched movies & football all day! I'm attempting to clean out our DVR, so we watched JOY. Have you seen it? It's definitely a little slow at times, but overall a pretty good movie! It was based on a true story, and played by one of Kentucky's own, Jennifer Lawrence! Later in the evening Don watched "Bourne Supremacy." I try SO hard to like those movies, but I just cant! I watched the first one with him a couple nights ago & it was intriguing, but not something I want to sit down and watch 5 of! Shhh, don't tell him I said that! Ha:).

Hope everyone has a great week!




1 comment:

Mandie said...

You know, when you wear your glasses, you look a lot like your mama! You are so dang cute! I love your weekend, it sounds pretty dang nice.

I've never seen any of the Bourne movies, Paul tried to get me to watch the newest one but I didn't feel that it would make much sense as I haven't seen any of the others. Ha!