Monday, January 30, 2017

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!

I had every good intention to write this post this morning & well clearly that didn't happen. So, here we are at 10 pm on a Monday night!

Friday: We didn't do much. It was cold & spitting snow flurries so we stayed in & watched endless episodes of Big Bang Theory (tell me we're not the only one's who's hooked on this show.)

Saturday: We did a little shopping for an upcoming birthday coming up in our family & treated ourselves to a lunch date. We ate at Qdoba Mexican Eats. It was my first time there & now I'm wondering why I've waited so long! I ordered a Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken Taco Salad & it was delish! I loved that you could go along and pick your toppings as you went, as well.

I also loved that they gave us a Military Discount. When we asked if they offered them the cashier asked the manager on duty and she said, no. However, she said that she always offered a free drink, as that was the least that she could do. So, thankful for that!




After shopping & our little lunch date, we decided that we'd do a little grocery shopping. The grocery store was insane & I couldn't figure out why, until I realized they were calling for an inch of snow the next day. Yikes! Thankfully I had a list so we were able to get in and out pretty quickly! After that we came home, had a quick dinner & watched a movie (The Bourne Legacy) which was my hubbies pick. Not my choice, but he wanted to get caught up for the final movie, Jason Bourne.

Sunday: I had a migraine all day so I stayed in bed all day. The hubby was so awesome & cooked dinner. He grilled pork tenderloins that he had marinated all day in Jack Daniels Marinade, carrots, mac & cheese & a handmade salad topped with veggies. It was so delicious. Oh, and did I mention that he did the grilling outside in the middle of snow showers, ha! Crazy man! Goodness, I do love him though.

Here's to a busy week on our end! I hope you have a wonderful one as well!





1 comment:

Mandie said...

I had to giggle at the "inch of snow" comment. We get an inch of snow up here, it's business as usual. When they are calling for five or more, then that's when we start to invade grocery stores & such. Tee hee!